There will be rowing this Fall!
With the cancellation of the Fall High School season, VCRC is running a Fall Junior (club) season.
- improve small boat skills
- build a solid aerobic base
- develop a strong foundation of good rowing technique
- onwater sessions in 1x, 2x, 2-,**
- strength and conditioning and mobility sessions (with a focus on injury prevention and physical development).
- "in-house" racing and challenges - for fun and to put your skills to the test!
**Recently announced guidelines by ViaSport and Rowing BC will alllow rowing of Cohort 4xs. VCRC will be developing its Sport Cohort Training Plan in the coming weeks.
Training groups will be based on the development level, goals and commitment level of each athlete.
- VCRC Junior Fall 2020 Novice Program
- VCRC Junior Fall 2020 Fun & Fit
- VCRC Junior Fall 2020 Fun & Fast
- VCRC Junior Fall Performance Development
Training times: We will aim to have the training groups train together, within the constraints imposed by different school schedules. As it sounds like school will be back in class we will use our normal after school and weekend training times**, and possibly add some weekday early afternoon (1-3 pm) sessions as schedules permit.
**Junior training sessions: M-F 3:45 pm - 6 pm, Sat. 9 am - 4 pm,, Sun. 9 am- 3 pm. Please see specific programs and fill out the questionnaire, for specific training times.
Novice*, Fun and Fast, and Fun and Fit September 14-November 1
Fun and Perform (Fall Performance Development) September 8- November 1
*Novice . No previous rowing experience is necessary, although we encourage you sign up for a Youth Introduction to Rowing program (August 24-September 5th).
**NEW*** VCRC Junior Financial Support Fund
To help our community and ensure that every junior has the opportunity to get on the water, VCRC has established the Junior Financial Support Fund. The club-administered fund will be used to support junior athletes who, for financial reasons, would otherwise not be able to participate in VCRC’s Junior Rowing programs.
Click here for more information and to apply.