- VCRC rarely cancels programs because of low registration. In the event that a program does have to be cancelled, we will contact you and offer a credit towards another VCRC program of a full refund.
- If there is no more room in a program the online registration tool will not let you register. Please contact the programs coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be put on a waiting list.
- Contact the program coordinator (email@example.com) to arrange a custom Introduction to Rowing session that suits your schedule.
- Yes, absolutely!
No, we do not. We encourage youth to row with their school rowing teams in the Fall. Check with your school or the Greater Victoria Youth Rowing Society (GVYRS).
- Contact us at VCRCPrograms@gmail.com and we will be happy to put you into the appropriate program.
If you paid online when you registered, you will be activated prior to the start of the program.
If you did not pay online, you will be activated once payment is received.
If you have paid and are activated, we will provide a refund for cancellations prior to the beginning of the program, with a $35 administrative fee.
We do not provide refunds after the start of a program.*
*Medical cases or emergencies will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Any type of athletic clothing that isn't too baggy, but remember to dress for the weather. Shoes are built into the boats, so bring footwear you are comfortable to leave on the docks, and please have socks to wear in the boat.
We have showers/changerooms on site, but we do not have a secure area to leave valuables.
If they have rowed before, they can register for the Junior Program.
If they have not rowed before, they should start with an Intro to Rowing Beginner, or Youth Summer Camp program.
- Absolutely. We offer Introduction Beginner lessons for Adults (June-August), and Youth (July-August), as well as Youth Summer Camps (July-August).
- Any beginner youth rower should start with either a week of Youth Summer Camp, or the Introduction to Rowing Beginner program. From there, we offer the Intermediate program, and finally the Re-Boot program for three weeks in August.
- They are both for beginner rowers. The Youth Camp runs for six hours a day and includes two rows per day, as well as games and activities. The same skills are taught in the Beginner program, which is one two-hour lesson per day.